Energy-efficiency is one of the most important issues in nowadays computing and communication systems. Due to the importance of power and energy consumption in these systems, various techniques have been investigated and developed. However, the importance of the topic claims for new solutions able to improve performances and to cope with increasing workload demand. Moreover, the solutions should be able to preserve or even increase its efficiency when the number of resources increases.
The aim of this workshop is to create a thriving atmosphere to exchange new ideas, proposing real practical solutions and discussing challenges in scalable solutions for energy-efficiency in large scale parallel and distributed systems (Cluster, Grid Cloud),
information technology and communication.
SCALSOL 2012 will be organized as part of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Scalable Computing and Communications (SCALCOM 2012). Technically sponsored by IEEE TCSC Technical Area in Green Computing.
The WORKSHOP seeks original contributions in all relevant areas
including but not limited to the following topics:
- Scalability of energy-efficient solutions on large-scale parallel and distributed systems, information technologies and communication
- Green design scalability in the CLOUDS (cloud computing and distributed systems)
- Green high density computing and ambient (ubiquitous) computing
- Virtualization techniques for energy-efficiency in large scale distributed systems
- Algorithm designs for energy-efficiency scalable solutions
- Energy-aware scalable resource allocation and load balancing
- Energy-aware scalable scheduling
- Energy- efficient scalable solutions for network services and operations
- Energy-efficient scalable solutions for internet-based computing and applications
- Network models and simulation modules/tools for energy-efficient solutions
- Hardware solutions for energy-efficient large-scale networked systems
Check in the SCALSOL site (NOTE: Tentative deadline for paper submissions shall be extended, please, check the site for updates)
General Chair: Johnatan E. Pecero
Program Chair: Dzmitry Kliazovich
Proceedings Chair: Juan Luis Jimenez Laredo
Publicity Chair: Ezendu Ariwa
Local Organizing Committee:Cesar O. Diaz, Mateusz Guzek